Last night I was blessed to be able to speak with one of my daughters at a foster care Expo at Pantego
 Bible Church in Arlington. I always love sharing with other families to hopefully motivate them to open their homes to foster/adoptive care. We were interviewed live on the radio and then spoke on a panel.

I was asked what was the most challenging thing about fostering. Of course I always think of better answers later. What I said was that the whole experience of fostering and adopting is a challenge and I encouraged them to build a support network.

What I should have said was that the biggest challenge is the way that family and friends change once you open your home to foster. The challenge of people not understanding why you would choose this life. Not wanting their children around your children not being welcome any more. But how through your struggles you develop a network of stronger more genuine friends. Love my foster/adopt families.

Comments