Teen Adoption


In our adoption journey we have adopted many teens. Several in their late teens. I am often asked "why would you adopt someone that is almost an adult"?

When I started adopting teens I had the savior complex that I was going to take teens because they were hard to place and we could make them a better person. The truth that I now know is that they are my savior and they have made me a better person.

Adopting teens is not easy especially those that have been in the system for a while, but it is so worth it. I was told by one of my teens a few days ago that they were so scared of disappointing me.  Even though she is grown and out of the house now. It really makes me try harder because I don't want to disappoint them either.
I completely recommend adopting teens. If you cant adopt a teen mentor a teen. Pray for a teen.

Comments