Support the Families

We hear constantly how much foster and adoptive families are needed, how many children are waiting for homes, how many children are in shelters or sleeping in CPS offices.

My husband and I lead a monthly support group at our church, last night was our monthly support group meeting. We had a great group there and I really enjoyed spending time with others that have the same heart for children.

This morning there is something that lays very heavy on my heart. There were two families last night (one that was there and one that was not) that have decided to stop fostering and adopting. Both of these families I have known for several years and both are amazing families with a great love for children.

What we need to do as a society is ask what support do these families need to continue to care for the orphan? What can make the difference in their homes that could allow them to continue to do Gods work?


Comments