How Do We Afford It?



We are often asked how we can afford this many children. The number one answer is that God ALWAYS provides. In my years of bang a MOM 2 MANY I have learned to clip coupons, shop sales and clearances, buy in bulk, plan recipes, menus and not waste anything.

I plan my weekly meals so that if I cook one thing I always use the leftovers the next day to make something else.
Example: Tacos one night and Taco soup the next night.
Example: Baked Chicken one night. Chicken and Dumplings the next night.

I also make my own laundry detergent and soap and buy in bulk where I can. I save and freeze leftovers to use next time. We let nothing go to waste. IF we have hamburger or hot dog buns or stale bread we make croutons or bread crumbs. I explore pintrest for recipes of the ingredients I have on hand and need to use up.

I make my own cake mixes, muffin mixes, brownie mixes, bisquick and instant oatmeal.

We recycle and reuse everything. People donate clothing and we share with other families. We are currently looking for donated space in Burleson Cleburne are to start a clothing closet for foster, adoptive and needy families. (so if anyone knows of a place).

We start shopping for Christmas in January. We buy valentine cards at the end of February and easter baskets right after Easter.
We have people offer us clothing and things and when we started this crazy life my pride would say no thank you "God will provide". I realize now that is God providing so I do not let my pride get in the way of being blessed by others.

I plan on starting to post recipes and tips to help other save money so stay tuned.............


http://www.pattirooksparentingcoach.com


Comments