Child #11 Ashley Rooks

Ashley came to us at the age of 10 years old. She had spent most of her young life in foster care had been in many different homes and facilities. I was warned what a challenge she would be for us. But there was more there was also a sister that was a year younger. We were told that they could not be placed in the same home due to behaviors. So my dear sister also a foster/adoptive Mom agreed to take Ashley's sister. Ashley is 14 years old and I have to say one of the easiest children we have ever had in our home. 

She is beautiful, smart, funny, athletic and she is brutally honest to a fault. If you want to know how you look and want the truth ask ashley. She does not like attention and hates being close to anyone. We make progress in that regard, an inch at a time. She started letting me hug her this year. Not giving me hugs but allowing me to hug her. She is very miss trusting of adults (understandably). The years in foster care has effected her but I admire her more than she will know. She has a grace about her that I adore. I look forward to seeing what such a tough resilient young lady will do with her life. I love you to the moon and back Ashley Rooks. 


Comments