Growing Weary

I think many adoptive families that have more than one adoptive child is like our family and has one child that needs that extra attention. They may be going through crisis and pulling all of your energy and effort from everyone else. At least that is the way it is in our family. I spend my time when Im not working either refereeing, correcting or looking for some therapy or resource I have not yet tried for my daughter. Needless to say I sometimes become exhausted. That is where I am now.

I am currently at an adoption conference in Nashville and conferences are very tiring anyway. So last night I had a dream that Satan was setting back watching and tells his demons now is our opportunity to go after her other children because she is too wore down from this one child to pray for the others.

This has been an encouragement to me to be more diligent in caring for my other children and taking and making time for them.

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).

Comments